She's all decked out in new birthday finery for her day at school. There are pretty pencils in her backpack to pass out to her class (food treats are not allowed). I let her choose her own lunch (within limits). She chose water, a cosmic brownie, watermelon, and cheddar cheese.
Being treated like a princess. Just like she deserves. Just like every child deserves.
When I dropped her off at school I set to work. Operation Put Disney World in a Box has commenced.
Step 1: Secure your toddler. Stray toddlers can be hazardous when completing engineering feats such as this one. Food is always a good way to occupy your little tornado.
| This one is not so much a fan of the watermelon. |
Step 2: Gather your materials. Do not forget anything, for once you start there is no going back. You will not want to undo what you have done to include a forgotten item. Gather EVERYTHING. (
| Pardon my messy kitchen... |
| Happy Birthday, A! It's an Evenflo car seat!! |
Step 4: Package materials nicely in suitcase. This part is fun. Cross your fingers that they look half this decent coming out though.
| Yes, those are my feet. Hooray for shoes older than aforementioned toddler? |
Step 5: Create Surprise. ALSO FUN! This part required an earlier trip to the library to print in color though - a trip of which the toddler did not approve.
| Think she'll like it? |
Step 6: Attach Awesomeness. This ensures a smooth delivery of the surprise itself before we get to the goodies underneath. It is also a reminder that there is no such thing as too many extra scrapbooking supplies lying around.
| Yes, I got all the way to the last letter before I realized I didn't have a T. |
Step 7: Package your materials, prepare to close the hatch. Do not underestimate the ability of helium to get in your way at just the right time...
| No, the balloons didn't all fit. I had to cut one off. It's tied to her chair. |
Step... uhh, what step were we on again?: Finally FINISHED! Pat yourself on the back, you have now concealed Disney World (for the most part) in a box. Note that the amount of time it will take to remove Disney World from the box will be infinitesimally shorter than the time it took to put it there.
| Yes, my friends, that is THREE rolls of princess paper. |
Step Eleventy Billion: HIDE Disney World in a Box... no small feat, trust me! Be sure to hide in the least suspected (and/or most messy/inaccessible) place. 17 year old brother's room.... perfect!
| I told you it was messy. |
Finally, relax. You don't have to lift that box again until... oh shoot, is that what time it is?? ;)
Stay tuned for tonight's post... it's sure to be a good one... letting Disney World out of the box!
Cannot wait to see! This is so creative! I can't wait to do this for my kiddo (and soon to be kiddos!) someday soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I admit to getting the idea off the internet and tailoring it to our needs, but, she's 9. Handing her a plane ticket on her birthday would be boring. She has to wait a month for the trip (we are going because my travel/hotel is funded through a conference) so it needed to be exciting now!
Delete