Sunday, August 19, 2012

THANK YOU!

I'm going to try to keep this note brief (yeah right, haha!) but I wanted to thank EVERYONE who voted in Angel Tree - obviously those who voted for the little boy of my heart, Brett, but EVERYONE who voted AT ALL, because YOU DID SOMETHING!  Thank you - thank you for not turning the other way, for not scrolling past my pleas, for not clicking the little X when things got sad.  I'm pleased to say that Brett, along with Heath and Kolya, has secured a place on this year's Angel Tree!  Check out the results here.  And here are the three boys from last week's category who will be on AT.

Heath - Age 11 - Down Syndrome

BRETT!  <3 - Age 10 - Down Syndrome

Kolya - Age 12 - Down Syndrome


A couple of us have some exciting ideas to fundraise for Brett.  A big group is already fundraising for Heath, and I know Kolya has dedicated advocates too!  I'll keep you updated on our plans for Brett as they come to fruition... just know, big things are coming - you don't wanna miss it!



Having advocated like crazy for Brett and seen these three boys make it on the angel tree, however, has left me with a distinct feeling of responsibility for the eight children in each category who do NOT make it on the angel tree.  It's not their fault.  It's all about exposure.  And because of that, in addition to my regular blogging, I will be profiling the 'passed over' children of each category each week.  I will start this week with the boys ages 6-9 with Down Syndrome - and follow the order of the voting on RR.  I will break this up into two seperate posts per week in order to give each child the individual attention they deserve.  Four children per post.  So as you wait to hear about our plans to bring Brett home (I say 'our' because he has a dedicated prayer warrior with whom I am collaborating with - she is wonderful and has a genuine love for Brett and all the other children) - also expect to see some new faces.  And maybe open your hearts a little... because you might just see your son or daughter.

I will also be featuring a few other kids who are on my heart for one reason or another, interspersed with these posts.  So keep watching for the kiddos that you love... I see a lot of blogging in my future and I hope and pray that God uses me to help find families for these children!

From the bottom of my heart... thank you, to each and every one of you who chose to do SOMETHING.

1 comment: